Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Did you know this about Converse shoes?

Did you know that Converse All Stars shoe (the Chuck Taylor version) is known in the weight training arena as a great shoe to lift weights in?

I did a little research on it and discovered that lifting in a running shoe or other cushioned shoe is like lifting weights on marshmellows.  Your body predicts what your shoe is going to do to cushion the movement and  therefore you don't get the most out of the exercise.  Your stabilizing muscles aren't firing in the correct sequence and you may not be able to lift as heavy as you need to or with perfect form to get results from your program.  They really make a different when doing balance type exercises.

I recently purchased a pair to try for myself.  They definately don't look great with workout shorts but they are awesome.  I have flat feet so I put my arch supports in them and they work great.

I reccommend a pair to anyone that really wants to get the most out of your workout.  I firmly believe in getting the right gear for what ever sport or athletic venture you perform or at least attempt to perform.

Yours in health,

Tonya Tittle, Energy Fitness
http://www.energymemphis.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment